Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2008

When it rains it pours...

Nothing has been more truer than those words, when it rains it pours. Can someone explain to me why that is the case almost every time. Just when you think you just got over one hump here comes the whole damn world crashing down on you all at the same time. For me is my car, first it's my tires, then it's my head gasket (so i thought), then my starter, and of course can't forget the brakes and to rotate or in my case replace the roters. Damn can a B!tch get a break.! All this and I still haven't recieved my debit card from my bank so if I'm conducting any business it had better be during bank hours so I can run over to withdraw all my little money to hand right over to this mechanic and keep my fingers crossed in hopes that he doesn't try to screw me over. Luckily my income tax came just in time and God handed me an umbrella for my rainy days. Anyway, I've been working so much for the last three weeks and haven't really had a full day off and when I tell you guys I'm tired you couldn't begin to understand how exhausted I am. I work for a huge retail chain that happens to sell sneakers and apparell. You probably have seen the uniform in your local mall, the one that looks like we should be at a basketball game working the floor. (I look so good in black and white). I love what I do because I'm so into fashion and all that other jazz. Plus it doesn't hurt that I'm the manager. I know you're probably thinking, well if you're the manager then you should be able to take the days off that you need, but it doesn't work that way. As a matter of fact it's kind of the opposite. When you manage a business you want to make sure that your days off are not going to hurt your busy days. What I mean by that is no one is going to take care of your customers and your business the way that you do. So of course Fridays and Saturdays are out of the question as far as days off are concerned. Mondays are office days so that's out of the question, now all you have is Tues.-Thursday. Sundays are touchy also. I can't complain too much, I'm actually doing something I like to do and I'm pretty damn good at it. Plus working in some nice tight black pants and the coolest sneakers doesn't hurt either. It's not all smooth sailing though. There's a constant hustle on making your goals each day and keeping on top of paperwork because when those Auditors hit your store that's exactly what they do they HIT your store. They dig and dig and dig through all your paperwork until they find everything wrong. That part of the job is not so fun but it makes you a more organized person. My audit just passed and I tell you all it was rough and the reason for my exhaustion. Since I haven't had a day off in a few weeks I'm definately starting to feel it. Anyway my StarBucks internet time is about finished and I can't get back on at home, the person we were "borrowing" the wireless signal caught wind of our connection and has permanately cut us off. We'll be getting our own wireless thing soon after I get caught up with paying for all this sh!t with my car. Anyway guys nothing exciting right now but Mr. P and I are going to be holding a "forum" on relationships coming up pretty soon so look out for that. We would love to hear comments and questions you guys might have so feel free to hit me up.....

No comments: