Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2008

When In Rome...

For the last five years football and every other relevant sport has been stuffed down my throat. So much so that I have learned to love the game. If you can't beat'em join'em, right ladies? Why should I let him have all the fun? There is no reason us women can't enjoy a sport where the players consist of beautifully sculptured rich men on the field fighting for that extra inch just to get the first down! Those men are gladiators! My favorite part in watching these games is when I hear the helmets crashing into each other and it makes that CRUNCH-ing noise! That's when you know that there is about to be some football getting played. I was one of those girls that just went with her man, to look pretty, while he watched the game. When you have the kind of man that I do, at any given moment his phone would ring and it would be someone from anywhere in the country to ask him about some game score, what are his predictions on the next game, or even what college did a specific player attend, it can get quite aggravating. So instead of getting angry that he'd rather watch a game then whisper sweet nothings in my ear, I started asking questions as well. This man is so knowledgable about the sport I thought "When in rome...".
Ladies there is nothing sexier to men than a woman that actually knows what she's talking about when it comes to sports (and can cook)! That just gives you something else you can share with him. Now he's got no excuse as to why you can't go with him to the sports bar or wherever it is he said he's going to watch the game at. I'm not a master of all the rules yet but I have a general understanding of the game which consist of more than just knowing when they score a touchdown. I'm still learning the ins and outs of the whole thing but this is something i'm ejoying sharing with him. I'm pretty sure he enjoys teaching me. He gets a kick out of me when I'm screaming at the TV because the Ref. made a bum call. I know football season has come and gone already, GO GIANTS, but if you start now you could be ready for next season and this time you don't have to be the lost little pretty girl!

No comments: