Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

BLEACH


Do you remember watching Saturday morning cartoons? I just knew that I was learning Karate by watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Or like you and your cousins would fight to see who is going to be Michael Angelo, Rafael, Donatello or Leonardo, O to be 28 again... Just kiddin'. I thought that I would out grow the fact that I love watching cartoons but I honestly haven't. I still wake up in the mornings and watch the hell out of the cartoons with the kids. About a couple of years ago while staying up passed my allotted bedtime I came across a cable channel called Adult Swim. My life has never been the same since. They actually make cartoons for adults now. I mean I always knew that they did something like that with the whole Simpson's thing but I mean like Adult content type of cartoons.? GENIUS! Family Guy and Futurama are just two of our favorite shows that we love to watch on Adult Swim. Well once again AS comes to rescue our dull filled evening with this new type of cartoon looking anime' type of series called BLEACH. Mr. P and I were instantly hooked. The main character's name is Ichigo Kurasaki and he kicks major ass. He's always had the gift (or curse) of seeing souls of the dead. WICKED! That would suck.. Could you imagine seeing the souls of the dead??? That wouldn't trip you guys out? Anyway's he could see these souls and he'd always try to help them. So in comes this chick Rukia (english version/japanese version Lukia) and she's this soul reaper from a place called The Soul Society. Anyway somehow she ends up giving him all her powers and he becomes almost like a substitute Soul Reaper and he can actually shed his outer body and fight these "hollows" that torture and eat the souls of the dead. Of course there's more to the story, way more to the story and anyway I say all that to say that whoever created this anime series is a creative genius and all my Kudos go out to you man! It's a genuinely good show nothing nerdish about watching this sh*t. That ichigo is a beast, he can fight, he never says die, and he's always determined to stay alive to make sure he can protect his loved ones. We should all take a lesson from Bleach.

Mr. P and I love this cartoon. We watch about 2-3 episodes a night. We ended up buying the damn DVD's because Adult Swim just stopped playing it. Great marketing ploy to keep us wanting more to the point where we just had to know what happed so we went and caved in and bought it at some Anime shop. (i didn't even know they existed). But if you want to know what the hell I'm talking about maybe you could pull some episodes off of youtube. Me personally I would start watching it from the very 1st episode cuz alot of stuff could get quite confusing. Anyway my typing all this is taking my Ichigo away from me so gotta go!!!

No comments: