Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2008

Mrs. P's thoughts on the NIU Shooting


Can someone explain to me how a guy carrying a shottie and two handguns can just walk into a lecture hall and not be noticed until he's aiming at the professor? I mean I understand it's a big campus but Damn! A shotgun isn't a small weapon you could hide in your purse. You mean to tell me noone saw him walking on campus with his artillery of weapons? I'm sorry but I find that hard to believe. What is this world coming to? It's hard enough trying to study for finals, getting acclamated to the social pyramids in school and just being away from your family but now you have to be weary of getting shot while trying to achieve higher learning.? How can I be comfortable sending my kid off to college or junior high for that matter when I can't even trust the the school administration to ensure there is enough security in place that something like this wouldn't happen. The Northern Illinois University shooting is just one of far too many instances where some disgrutled guy thinks it's ok to take innocent peoples lives to make a statement. What pisses me off even more about this is the guy shot himself. He didn't even give the police the pleasure of shooting him. I mean if he intended to die anyway right? I'm sorry if I'm coming out heartless but did he have a heart when he just opened fire on a full house of innocent young people? No he didn't. He didn't leave a note as to why or any sort of explanation just a selfish act from an obvious psycho. The man was smart though you must admit. He even recieved honors from NIU, when he was a student there, for his research on self-inflicted wounds among prisoners in the U.S. prison system. Whats even more twilight zone-ish is that the University had gone into a lockdown in December when campus police found threats, racial slurs and references to the Virginia Tech shootings on one of the campus's bathrooms wall. At that point is where I would make sure security is tight. Especially if I live on campus? O hell yea I'm going to make sure I have emergency exit plans for every possible situation that arises. I mean even if i'm on the toilet I'm going to make sure that if something pop off I know exactly what to do, pull my pants up grab the toilet paper and run... I know i'm just going off about this shooting but it's just crazy to me you guys how much this country is changing and not necessarily for the better. It's kinda hard knowing that my kids have to be worried about getting shot and my eldest is only is 7th grade. I couldn't imagine the pain that those families in Illinois are going through right now. My prayers go out to them and I hope they can find the peace in knowing that their children are being taken care of by an awesome God. Think about it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What up? Nobody noticed because the shotgun was in a guitar case. How's the e-card idea coming along? I think you should call it the Mr. E Card.

smoothie said...

i'll tell you why,
the nutjob, the cook, the guy we gave the nickname to stores all that shite! believe it...Its for that reason, i made it a point to BEFRIEND that man at all cost..He'll give a homie the stay home call, and best believe i aint goin to work..I liken it to playin with a womens emotions..You know how they say hell have no fury like a womens scorn, well hell have no fury like a pissed off geek...VT, NIU, COLUMBINE all the kids nobody wanted to acknowledge...