Search This Blog

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Just another day @ FTL

So I had this customer who bought a pair of Jordan's from me at about 4:30 today. At 7:30pm this customer, who we'll name htown, came back into my store and told one of my staff members that she wanted to return that shoe because her son didn't like them and she was just going to give him the money and let him buy the shoes that he wanted. So at the counter while another one of my staff members was taking her information for the return he opened the box as it is policy to look at the shoes to make sure they hadn't been worn, he noticed that it was a different shoe than the one he had sold to her earlier. I mean it was the same shoe style but it was an obvious FAKE. My company does not carry fake sneakers. We have buyers that purchase our products directly from the vendors which names we've all heard of before. My staff member told the lady that those were not the shoes that he had sold to her earlier today and she then changed her story and said that she knew that they were fake and that this was the reason she was bringing them back. YEAH RIGHT!!! Look lady if you want your money back bring me the REAL J's that you have in your house right now and take those ugly a$$ fake a$$ shoes back to the flea market where you got them from. I have no problem returning a shoe if the customer has a reciept and is trying to cooperate with me. Htown tried to pull a fast one on me though. First of all I was already on my way home when I recieved a phone call from my assistant about this lady and her fake shoes. Htown wanted to speak to me since she felt that my assistant knew her little scheme to doop me out of 200 dollars. I asked my assistant, whom I will call Ms. M, if the shoes had the upc code in it to determine if the shoe was real or not. She determined that they were fake. I finally got on the phone with Htown and she was pleading her case saying that she didn't see the shoe before he sold it to her and that she was disgusted at the fact that we would give her fake shoes and that she wanted her money back and that I need to be at the store right away because she wasn't going to leave until I got there and gave her her money back, I mean she went on and on so I had to exit the freeway and Uturn my way back to my store on the other side of town.
By this time I'm pissed off because I know that I don't have fake jordan's in my store. I know that Htown is trying to get a pair of shoes from me for free and I am not going to allow anybody to take advantage of me by any means. So when I get to the store and actually look at these shoes myself it is horrible. Those shoes weren't even close to looking like the real thing. I very respectfully told her that I would not return it because these weren't the shoes that she bought from me earlier. Htown had a fit saying she wants my DM's number and that she wanted to speak to him tonight or she would not leave. So again Irespectfully told her that our business was done and she had to leave or I would call mall security. Of course she chose the call to mall security.! Mall security came and explained to her that once I've asked someone to leave they have to leave. Our business was finished and I was not going to do the return for her. She started saying she ain't afraid to go to jail and all this other BS. The security officer told her that he knows me and that if I could do something for her I would. I always bend over backwards to help my customers. So if i'm telling her I can't or won't rather she is going to have to leave and take it up with my DM. I did give Htown my DM's office number and the corporate customer service complaint line.
I mean come on really! I did not sell this lady fake Jordan's. I had just redid my Jordan window and put out fresh shoes. The shoe that she bought from me earlier was a display shoe which was taken from the window that I had just redid. You really believe that while putting these shoes out I wouldn't have noticed that there was a problem with one of my shoes.? I mean the audicity of some people. I know this shoe is high priced but if you couldn't afford the shoe honey don't buy it.
If any of you have a story when somebody tried to get over on you please feel free to share your stories with us...

No comments: