Search This Blog

Sunday, March 9, 2008

we got to do better!

Whats up America? Long time no speak, the reason I don't blog everyday is because if I did that I would just be giving you filler. Thats not my purpose, when I blog I want the reader to get a little insight on how my mind works so if I blog just to blog then I'm not giving you me. On top of that I'm pretty lazy and some days I just don't feel like it. But thats were Mrs. P comes in because I know she always has something to blog about so she will be the main course and I'm like that bomb-a** apetizer that you get a taste of and tell yourself man I could eat this by itself. Like some good jalepeno poppers or mozzarella sticks. But anyway the reason I crawled out of my cave to blog is I recently saw a news headline, about a teenage male in L.A. that was shot and killed by gangmembers all because he wasn't in a gang. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/highschool/03/04/la.shot/index.html here is the story in case I leave out details you can check it out for yourself. Well apparently this young man had a lot going for him such as scholarship offers to play college football. He was killed because he didn't respond to a question the way some gangmembers thought he should and he was killed yards from his front yard. This incident opened my eyes to a couple of issues, one gang violence is still alive and well in this country, and two there is obviously a black on brown conflict in this country that I wasn't aware of.

Now as far as gang violence goes thats actually a scary thought that you can be killed for not being affiliated period. One would think that by remaining nuetral you can avoid problems with either side, but these gangs are like parasites they latch on to weak or struggling neighborhoods, and by weak and struggling I mean financially, and suck them dry of all life hope and happiness. Its pretty hypocritical because to my understanding, and I could be wrong, gangs were originally formed to protect the neighborhood and its people. Protecting isn't going to other hoods and killing innocent people, that's preying. Its like they are working against themselves because while they go out shooting up other hoods they put innocent people in their own hood at risk for retaliation. Point is its got to stop sometime. You know the more I look at it the more clear it becomes to me that human beings are a very destructive species. Whats even scarier is that we are probably the most intelligent which gives us more creative ways to be destructive. (I say probably because if animals could talk they would probably tell us about even more dumb sh** that we do and don't even think about. For real, how many of us have done some dumb sh** and the only person around was your dog or cat or even a random donkey to witness it?)

Now this black on brown thing. this makes even less since to me than gang violence. If I'm not sure of anything on this planet I'm sure that black people and hispanic people no matter what origin: mexican, puerto rican, dominican, cuban, nicaraguan......, we pretty much have the same struggles in this country. If you grew up poor or not even poor but in the hood you had at least one mexican neighbor. They may not have even been mexican but if you grew up down south like I did we weren't schooled on different spanish speaking countries. In Texas if you speak spanish you're mexican. Which I think also should be addressed in public schools. I think the education should change with the times. Personally I would get offended if everyone referred to me as african. Man look I love all people don't get me wrong but I certainly feel that if I can relate to anybody its another minority. And I can't understand why there is so much black on brown crime. Man we have got to come together and get over what little differences we have cause I tell you what in the eyes of the law we are one in the same. I don't care if your last name is Jackson or Garcia if them people get a hold of you you're just a suspect. So we should really get over thess b.s. color barriers because when it is all said and done random acts of violence lead to one color red. Red blood that runs in the city streets, red eyes from family members mourning the dead, and hot red tempers for those frustrated people looking for answers to these problems.

Man lets stop the hating for real not even being cliche. If the world is truly coming to an end right now we are behind the wheel with our foot on the pedal.

Now to lighten the mood before I leave you I'll let you check out some hood sh** my potna smoothie from http://realpeeplz.blogspot.com/ sent me


1 comment:

smoothie said...

bruh,
I gotta tell ya, better words have not been spoken...Black folk and brown folk are all I saw in the areas that are less fortunate..if anything, they should be banning together...Its sad that they fight to win the prize of #2....